Not to add fuel, here, however I believe that there are some recent studies that have been mentioned to me regarding the suppression of the immune system as a result of Gleevec.  Anyone know more on this??

chris in minn
----- Original Message -----
From: mburwen
To: CMLHope
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 6:50 PM
Subject: [CMLHope] No immune compromise if PCRU

I recently went through a bout of acute viral gastroenteritis.  The ER
Dr. that treated me for the condition told me that, because I had CML,
and even if it was in remission, my immune system was compromised, and
that I was more susceptible to viral and bacterial attacks than the
average person.

I discussed this with my hemo/onc, normally a mild-mannered person, and
he went through the roof.  He insists that, as long as the CML is in
remission (I am PCRU), there is no degradation of the immune system.
He was quite angry at what he considers to be the stupidity of a
sizable segment of the medical profession.

Since my Dr. and his team are recognized experts in the immune system
business, I tend to accept what he says.  Anyone have any further
comment on this subject?

Mike Burwen