Calcium carbonate is generally regarded as the best form of calcium to
reduce diarreah.  I see that people with irritable bowel syndrome seem
to prefer the Caltrate Plus formula, taking at least two a day:
http://www.ibstales.com/caltrate_plus.htm
http://www.irritable-bowel-syndrome.ws/caltrate-plus.htm

As with many things related to CML, not everything works the same for
each of us.  I have found that plain calcium carbonate helps me.  I
know women who tried taking calcium carbonate for bone health but the
constipation was too bad for them to continue.

Here is another article on taking calcium to reduce diarrhea while
traveling (although related to intestinal viruses):
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/73/88806.htm

--Trey