Hi all and blessings,
It is my 3 year Anniversary also.
I started on Gleevec in Feb of 2004 and I'm also alive and kicking  hehe.
Normal well, no.
Everything I do has to been done with my meds in mind and all the side
effects and etc so it is continually with me no matter what I'm doing.  I  try
be a normal as I can but I don't feel normal. In the beginning I was
sooooooooo tired and had these awful sores.
I started taking vitamins, eating yogurt, black strap molasses and anything
I could think of to improve my blood Hemg but it is never normal; always a
little low but not to bad.
Now, I have the dryness in my skin, nose and also have skin tabs that I
never had before.  My nose is so dry but I've been taking flax oil and I  think
it
is helping.
So after 3 years I think my body is adjusting to the Gleevec, and I hope it
will keep on keeping on.
On the brighter side, my cholesterol has come way down, my eyesight has
improved and my blood pressure is in the normal range.
Can I say the Gleevec has done this?  Maybe.
We just don't know enough about the drug to say.
So as we test this drug let us keep the faith and hope they come up[ with a
cure soon.  I believe they are on their way to finding a cure so hang in
there everyone.
I would like to hear from all the 3 year CML'rs.
Jeanie<3
In a message dated 2/16/2007 9:57:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,