Hi Janet,
  Following my five year survival (I will have my tenth year later in
2008), my wife and I flew to Alaska.  We rented a car, stayed in a Bed
and Breakfast, and traveled for three weeks.  When I got tired, we
just took some extra time for rest and then continued.  We also were
in our 60's,and the trip was wonderful.
Hope both of you have a fantastic time.
Ken