Hi Ricardo,

Thanks so much for your email. You know what, I'm in the middle of the dark
figuring out how to explain to my 11 years old boy that it's okay to have
CML.

He was diagnosed 2 years ago, on Glivec, and doing just fine - complete
remission. The only problem is he has no idea what he is having as I never
dare to tell him the truth. He only knows that his blood is 'unhealthy' and
that's why he has to take medicine every day. He now starting to ask why and
when he can stop taking the medicine as he feels just fine - he's a great
footballer at his school team. I'm afraid that he'll be searching the
internet soon and would found out what he is having and would then be
freaking out before I get a chance to explain to him.

Now that I read your email, I feel so gratefull for a very simple
explanation...I'll talk to him...

My only hope is that I would be able to communicate with my boy with
calmness and that he would undestand that life has its way...

Thanks so much,
Pat (Bangkok, Thailand)

--
Parichart Nademahakul (Aor)