Hi everyone. After 4 1/2 years on Gleevec my doctor switched me to Sprycel. I
had continued to have multiple side effects on the Gleevec so in late Nov he
put me on the Sprycel. I really seemed to do better on it but I did notice my
hair was coming out pretty fast. It never did that with the Gleevec. However, I
did develop some pretty severe skin ulcers about 3 weeks after starting the
Sprycel. I didn't think much about it but I found a site about Sprycel the
begining of March and it showed that skin ulcers were a serious side effect. I
showed it to my doctor and he stopped it right then. It states that less than
1% of people are affected with the skin ulcers. I had been being treated for
them since Dec by my regular doctor and not until I found that article did we
put two and two together. My onc was glad that I found the information because
he was unaware of this serious side effect to Sprycel. I am the only CML
patient at this cancer center. Now he is
 going to put me on Tasgnia. Wish me luck with it.
Suzan