It seems that confusion over avoiding green tea for people taking CML
TKI drugs (Gleevec, Sprycel, Tasigna) has come from a couple sources.
One is apparently anecdotal information from a few doctors who have
CML patients who drink green tea, which is a very unreliable source of
data without some sort of scientific research backing it up.  The
other source of confusion is research showing that green tea can
inhibit the proper function of a very specific class of cancer drugs
called proteasome inhibitors (not TKI drugs).  The one specific drug
that is in this category with a known green tea interaction is
Bortezomib, which is used to treat myeloma and lymphoma, and is not a
leukemia drug:
http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/cgi/content/short/blood-2008-07-171389v1

I have researched this issue and cannot find any support for the
theory that says green tea can block or inhibit our CML drugs in any
way, so I cannot agree with the theory that we should avoid green
tea.  A few doctors asking patients about drinking green tea, even
large quantities of tea or taking extract pills, is insufficient
evidence.  In fact, most research shows support for green tea and its
primary component EGCG.  I personally do not drink it since I don't
like the taste, and I do not take an EGCG tablet, so I do not have a
personal bias about green tea either way.

Ricardo posted an article that seems to support green tea for use in
CML.  That is one input, but speaking of biases about green tea, that
report is from Japan, where support for green tea is a national
obsession.  But I have no reason to dispute the article.  But people
in Japan get CML at roughly the same rate as the rest of the world.

>From what I can find, green tea is likely beneficial, whether actual
or merely psychological.  There is no sound research that provides
evidence to the contrary.