Hi Marty-

Thank you, that's quite interesting but I'm not sure I believe this. It
states the patent will expire in 2021 (not true) and even if it did expire
then, why would they need an email address now? Novartis did an investor's
presentation this week in Boston in which they outlined their plans for both
Gleevec and Tasigna. According to their presentation Gleevec will come off
patent in the US in 2015 and in Europe in 2016. The US government patent
website also says 2015. Yes, I am one of the many people who is watching
this date very closely and looking forward to the price drop!

Here is the link to the presentation. See page 16.
<http://www.novartis.com/downloads/investors/event-calendar/2012/8-strategy-
for-growth.pdf>
http://www.novartis.com/downloads/investors/event-calendar/2012/8-strategy-f
or-growth.pdf

The report is also interesting in outlining their strategies for moving
patients off Gleevec and on Tasigna to retain market share and
profitability. There have been some news articles about this recently as
well.

Best,

Pat Elliott

CML patient and patient advocate