Hi Millie,

Sorry to hear about your spouse but sometimes it just happens. As far as
some of your so called friends, well I had a bunch of them as well. There
are actually three kinds of people that may consider themselves friends.

The first are people that really care. They will call or visit with you and
show you their support. Then there are those that may or may not even call
you once or maybe that once and never bother to call or visit you ever
again.

Now we come to the third kind of people. Once they find out that you have
cancer you will never hear from them. They must think that if they talk to
you or visit with you then the cancer will be transfered to them.

I had or still have some of these people in my life. The first kind I still
have. The second kind, well once I was out of transplant I called them and
asked why they didn't call me but one time and they told me that they just
didn't know what to say but they were all glad that I survived my ordeal. I
kept some of them as friends.

Then the third kind, I never had anything to do with them. Even today when
I was in the hospital for three weeks in 2011 one so called friend for over
forty years never even came to visit me even though he was less then
fifteen minutes from the hospital. By the way, I once helped save his life,
but he seemed to forget that,

So Millie, that is what happens with so called friends as you already know.

18's

Marty