Hi Marcie,

Since I am on dialysis I get Epogen at almost every treatment. Even though
it is a low dose my doctor wants to give me at least twice the amount but
Medicare will not allow it. This also seems to be the case with you as
well. I don't know what insurance you have but it all filters down to money
and our "wonderful" health care system.

You may also want to ask if you could receive Iron injections. It is much
less in cost to Procrit and Epogen and it may help your system.

Also if your not diabetic instead of drinking eight glasses of water
throughout the day why not drink four glasses of cranberry juice (great for
the kidneys) and four glasses of water?

You may want to stay away from a lot of caffeine and try to get along with
a bit less of it in your diet. I know you mentioned that you eat a healthy
diet but does include things that are high in iron? Dark green leafy
vegatables like kayle and spinich. Red meat and anything with high amounts
of iron.

I wish you well.

We have just about setteled in here so it is the rest of the summer to try
and enjoy.

18's,

Marty

Even with an 11 HGB I still feel lousy. Once I get up to 12 (rarely) then I
begin to feel better.