This is interesting
With BCR-ABL inhibitors, outcomes that were once out of reach are now
everyday possibilities for people with Ph+ CML. And with IS PCR (International
Scale polymerase chain reaction) testing, we can set meaningful, attainable
treatment goals for which to strive, and ensure that we are on track to
meet  those goals. One key treatment goal is achieving major molecular
response, also  called MMR.

To be in MMR, your IS PCR tests must detect that evidence of  Ph+ CML has
been reduced to at least 1000 times lower than when you were first
diagnosed. This milestone is also called a 3-log reduction. For most patients,
MMR
can be reached after 12 or 18 months of treatments, or even  before.

Setting your goals low gives you something to strive  for, and achieving
those low goals gives you something to celebrate! But  remember that achieving
MMR, or even lower goals, does not mean you are cured.  Be sure to keep up
with your treatments and monitoring tests to ensure that your  CML continues
to be managed.

In a message dated 7/3/2013 11:06:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,