Hi Jeanie: At the time I started allopurinol, I did not have a rash from what I
was on, although I can't remember what I was on. It was a while ago. The rash
occurred, it seems to me, soon after I started allipurinol.  When I came off it
and went on colchicine the rash went away. No problems with it since. Going on
ponatinib was necessary as omacetaxine was a problem. I learned of the problem
with ponatinib on the Internet when the trials in the US were cancelled. I
mentioned it to my onc and he said that, don't quote me, that there was a
problem. Initially, I was on 45mg per day but the amount was reduced very
quickly. As I mentioned, I have been on it over two years now and I haven't had
any heart problems so far. Interestingly enough, a heart study has been started
at the Toronto General Hospital for patients of my onc and perhaps others. I
think it has something to do with patients who are on TKI's. I had my ECG,
blood test and Echo gram done last Thursday.  So I'll be interested to hear the
results. Regards Joh

Sent from my iPad