From: Joyce Mesnarich <joy...@htc.net>
To: cmlhope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 3, 2015 1:15 am
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] Checking in/ to all my CML friends

Hi, Susan
We live on the western edge of IL, about 50 miles south of St Louis, MO, across
the great Mississippi.  So we are completely across the state of IL and half of
IN away from you.  But this group makes us close.  Right?

We don't know yet if bosulif is working for Wayne.  He has an appointment to
see Dr Talpaz on April 16 in Ann Arbor and we will find out a few weeks after
that about the PCR.  They have had him getting blood tests every two weeks and
they just called today about his last blood report and were concerned about a
sudden big rise in his liver enzymes.  Don't know yet what they are thinking
but it is scary.  He has tolerated bosulif very well, but now this.  Back on
the roller coaster.

I don't know why they put Wayne on a low dose.  After he had a bad reaction to
Gleevec, they put him on Sprycel at 50 MG, also a low dose.  But it put him in
major molecular in about six months.  Then he got pleural effusion and they
took him off Sprycel.  In 3 months his numbers were rising quickly and he
started bosulif the end of January.  You were very fortunate to have gone 7
years without TKIs.  Have you ever had any issues with liver enzymes being out
of bounds?  Anybody else on this site have liver issues?

I hope you get a good report on the 23rd.

               Joyce in IL