HI Suzieq

>From my understanding The first patent for Gleevec expires in July 2015.
This is the earliest predictable date that a generic version could become
available. However this will probably be something that Novartis will fight
and make some minor changes to it and maybe refilled it again. They will
loose a lot of money so you can bet they intend to do something about it,
or maybe they will give everyone a break with the cost of it. Only the
future will tell.

  I read your post and I would like to comment on the second statement that
you made.
First some people just don't know how to speak to people. Even this doctor
that you mentioned. They give false and stupid advice especially to the
newly diagnosed. By saying that she will be cured in one year is observed
and gives false hope.

You are correct about her looking for a new onc that specializes in CML.
However as I have said many times it is my feeling that CML will be cured
in the near future. If so I would love to say, I told you so, and I will!.

Then you made a comment that goes against my grain, and that was that you
thought that you were going to die because of all the side effects. I hope
that you remember me saying that CML poisons your body as well as your
mind.

Your mind is a very powerful tool to be able to help yourself. I would like
for you and everyone to read this.

EXPECT THE BEST, MIND OVER MATTER. SUCCESS IS A FUNCTION OF SELF
CONFIDENCE. TO HAVE SUCCESS AT ANYTHING YOU MUST FIRST LEARN TO BELIEVE IN
YOURSELF. IF YOU EXPECT THE WORSE THEN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL GET
(MIND OVER MATTER) IF YOU EXPECT THE BEST THEN THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL GET.

WHAT WE HAVE TO LEARN TO DO IS TO CHANGE OUR MENTAL HABITS, OUR STATES OF
MIND. LEARN TO EXPECT AND NOT TO DOUBT. BY DOING THIS YOU BRING EVERYTHING
INTO THE REALM OF POSSIBILITY. WHEN YOU LEARN TO BELIEVE THEN WHAT YOU
THOUGHT TO BE IMPOSSIBLE THEN MOVES INTO THE AREA OF POSSIBILITY.

EVERY GREAT THING EVENTUALLY BECOMES POSSIBLE FOR YOU. MY BELIEF AT THE
BEGINNING OF A DOUBTFUL UNDERTAKING IS THE ONE THING THAT INSURES THE
SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME...

FOCUS...
How do you think that I was able to have a bone marrow transplant and
living in a small plastic bubble that was in the hospital for seven months?
It is because I was able to use my mind to focus...

Why do you think that I always end any of my posts with 18's? Well, it is
because it means life, and that is positive thinking.

18's,

Marty