From: educatorsusan via CMLHope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
To: cmlhope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Sep 19, 2015 8:25 am
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] Digest for cmlhope@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 1
topic

Mr. Noles:
I am so sorry to hear about Nadia.  Because I still see her gardening, I
picture her still gardening up in heaven.  May those happy memories linger in
your mind and sustain your spirit while you go through this difficult journey
ahead.  I am sure that there are many more happy memories that you hold in your
heart.

It was so very thoughtful to write the CML group and by keeping us informed.

My condolences to you and your family.

Hugs,
Susan Rosenthal
Miami, Florida

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2015, at 6:29 AM, cmlhope@googlegroups.com wrote:

                                        cmlhope@googlegroups.com

            Google Groups

          Topic digest
      View all topics

            happy Holidays!! -      10 Updates

            happy Holidays!!

                  "Nadia Noles" <nadia...@earthlink.net>: Sep 18 02:53PM -0400

        This is from Mr. Noles, the husband of Nadia Noles, a member of CMLHope.

Nadia passed away yesterday, at 2:45 PM.  Seven days ago she was working in her
garden, and today she is

gone.  She had CML for seven years, and Gleevec was the wonder drug that kept
her alive.  All the other

drugs, such as Sprycel, caused her terrible side-effects, but she tolerated
Gleevec.  However, seven days ago

 she became weak and disoriented, and  I took her to her PC physician, and she
immediately admitted her;

 but within the hour, after checking her white cells, which stood at 116,000,
she was that evening transported

to The Cancer Care Unit in Moffitt Cancer Center.  She was then diagnosed by
her oncologist with now having

Acute Myeloid Leukemia, and we were both told she was terminal with only a few
weeks to live.  We both

wanted her  to die at home, but it was suggested that she first stabilize in
Hospice for two days.  However, when

 she arrived  at Hospice she was already in a semi-coma state, and then died
the following afternoon.  Her passing

 was relatively painless.

Thank you all for the support you gave her in the past years.  I can tell you
that she often talked about how

much your support meant to her.  Now life is for the living… so keep the faith
while you go through your own

struggles.

Jim Noles

                  ANGELYN ESDERS <esd...@rogers.com>: Sep 18 07:15PM

        Heartfelt condolences, Jim. Very sorry for your loss.Angie