Some feel that the market is moving towards a Smart Enterprise Suite,
which includes content management, knowledge management, and
collaboration. See
http://www3.gartner.com/resources/106700/106738/106738.pdf for example
of this trend.

I should note that we have designed our product suite with this in mind.
We support content management and portal functionality today as well as
providing web service based APIs for easy integration in the enterprise.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.montarasoftware.com/
888-408-0900 x901

On
> Behalf Of Apoorv Durga
> Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 12:00 AM
> To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> Subject: [cms-list] Vignette to Acquire Epicentric
>
> Earlier Plumtree jumped into CM space in order to provide CM and
Portal
> services and Now Vignette has done the reverse - acquired a Portal
> offering
> to provide both. Is this a new trend where all big players want to be
> everything to everyone rather than focussing on their core
competencies?

> http://www.vignette.com/contentmanagement/0,2097,1-1-30-72-407-
> 3851,00.html
>

> > Warm Reg@rds,
> >
> > Apoorv
> > Planetasia
> > (An SEI-CMM Level 4 Organization)
> > email :[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Tel : 91 - 80 - 5522252/57/59
> > url : www.planetasia.com
> >
> "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.
Sit