"Good" HTML -- that's a little bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

Microsoft recently announced that they're moving the Office 11 file formats
(Due mid 2003) to be entirely XML-based (Hooray!)  So, for whatever solution
you ultimately choose, keep in mind that it might be obsolesced shortly. Of
course, considering the "dirty" HTML that Word currently outputs, the XML
generation might be...challenged.

I've seen a few COM-based solutions for performing office file conversion,
but nothing on the Java platform that I could wholeheartedly recommend.

Regards,
Steve Drucker
CEO
Fig Leaf Software