Hi Hari,

What Tidy options are you using? Given the amount of markup that gets chopped out of Word output, some reformatting of the source is necessary. But the results are fairly neutral to rendering in a browser.

If you use the "clean" or "drop-font-tags" options, almost all presentation data will be dropped. See

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#drop-font-tags
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#clean
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#output-xhtml

You will probably want to add a stylesheet to set fonts, etc. This you will need to do on your own. Sed works well on Tidy output, but is shaky on arbitrary markup.

Also, which version of Word and Tidy?

hth,
Charles Reitzel