I've come across this before whil going to a search engine optimization
conference.

There are tools out there that deal with hiding the "?" string in cgi-bin
and asp queries, both for unix and windows...

Here are two of them:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html

http://www.isapirewrite.com/

Basically, your web page code can be

http://mypage.com/products/432943/ and these above softwares will translate
the page link in the back end into

http://mypage.com/products?432943 or something like that.

CMSes like Vignette don't have this problem, nor any other CMS that doesn't
have "?" type queries.

-Edward

http://www.edwardtsai.com