I generally try VMARC UNPACK first. If it fails, I try the 'fblock 80 00'
approach. It usually does solve the problem. I have had infrequent cases where
dumps that I have packed using VMARC could not be unpacked by the vendor
without using 'FBLOCK 80 00'. It may or may not be a horrid practice; however,
it is sometimes a necessity, whether horrid or not.

Regards,
Richard Schuh