On 2013-11-25, at 11:04, Mark Boonie wrote:

> Does anyone have a stage that will take an input stream with
> carriage-control characters in column 1 and produce an output stream that
> is more of a visual representation of what the output would look like if it
> were printed?  Ideally I'd like it to handle both ASA and machine carriage
> controls, and allow the user to specify the number of lines on an output
> page.

I've done this in various languages: Pascal, Rexx, even PostScript.
If I were doing it in Pipelines, I'd write a procedural Rexx stage
because that's what I'm more familiar with.

How would you expect to handle Skip to Channel 1?  Issue blank lines
until the specified page depth?  (In PostScript I use "showpage".)

-- gil