On 2015-07-20 12:04, Gentry, Steve wrote:
> I thought of both of these:
> SPOOL, couldn't figure out how to do this dynamically.  I'd only want to do
> this before this pipe starts and return it to normal after the pipe is done.

If the SQL pipe is embedded in an EXEC, you should be able to
SPOOL START before the PIPE SQL command and SPOOL STOP CLOSE after.
But this may interfere with existing spooling for other purposes.

> HYPER:  I didn't know you could do this.

Sorry; I was inventing jargon.  If the SQL pipe is embedded in
an EXEC (as above), you should be able to PIPE CMD EXEC SQLPIPE |
stem.

(I am not a master plumber.)

-- gil