:
> As I have no access to a 6.4 system I have to defer to Rob, but he and
> Lizet have taken some days off.

The function is there.  The FILEDESC HELPPIPE file is there.  The PIPE
HELPMENU file is missing the entry for FILEDESC.  While it may have been
in Pipes for a long time, it wasn't officially supported until the z/VM
6.4 uplift.

Rob can follow-up when he returns, and Gil is good to go on his use of
filedescriptor.  I am very happy to see it added to the family.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM Systems Lab Services
IBM Z Delivery Practice
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323