On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 00:38, Glenn Knickerbocker <n...@bestweb.net> wrote:

> On 2019-08-22 12:03 PM, Rob van der Heij wrote:
> > Wouldn't   PICK 1+ == /abc/   do what you ask for?
>
> If I learned (and remembered) newfangled syntaxes like "1+", sure!
> For ASIS, at least

Any less-than-obvious syntax is due to adding compatible shortcuts for
small wishes like these :-)  I did more than half a decade of daily blog
entries showing things that I learned that day about plastic pipelines.
What other form would work?

As for you change the choice of space and underscore in FIND and friends;
if it's a simple wish you can XLATE before and after like we do for
HEXSORT, right? And it's just a selection stage, so you can use PREDSELECT
and do destructive testing like folding all (leading) numbers to a space or
so.

Sir Rob the Plumber