On Wednesday, 05/20/2020 at 12:24 GMT, "van Sleeuwen, Berry"
<berry.vansleeu...@atos.net> wrote:
> As Kris already mentioned, swap stem and append. In your example you
write B
> into the stem.
>
> Secondly, swap the stages, in your request you would append the stem (A)
to the
> stack (B) so the output is
>
> "PIPE stem table1. ! append stack ! cons" will append the stack to the
stem.

I was a bit surprised by the behavior Alain describe as well, but the
description of the STEM stage says:
   When APPEND is specified, writing starts with <stem>n where n
   is one more than the value returned for <stem>0.

Stated more clearly, when APPEND is specified, only the appended elements
of the array are written to the output stream.

A good day for learning something new.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM Systems Lab Services
IBM Z Delivery Practice
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323