Mike;

I'm not sure what you are trying to do exactly.  If you are trying write a
dual mode program or if any reader gets the idea to do so, please
reconsider.

Unless something has changed since the last time I was on CMS, writing a
program that is supposed to work when invoked under CMS and as a Pipe
stage, has an issue.  REXX programs invoked as FUNCTIONs or SUBROUTINEs
will be completing inaccessible when the program run as a stage.  In
addition, COMMAND invocations must use the CMS pipe stage.

I was sorely disappointed when I wrote a stage that invoked my usual
external routines, only to find out that that all came up 40-Routine not
found.  I had to create copies of file type REXX, in addition to the ones I
had, type EXEC.  I neve did that again

So any dual mode program would be under similar limitations.

You have all been advised.