On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 at 17:51, Donald Russell <russell....@gmail.com> wrote:

> You don’t need to EXECLOAD an exec file as a rexx file to use it as a pipe
> stage. I’d argue that makes things even more obscure. (Did you also do the
> EXECDROP)

Exactly Don, but if someone is flabbergasted by return code -3 we don’t
help by providing examples that work for reasons we forgot (yours was
educational but still overkill)

Start to understand the difference between a exec that invokes a pipe as as
host command. Then learn how to subroutine pipeline write stages in Rexx
with file type REXX. You can look at my 1 hoe pipe intro if needed.

Then, if you’re troubled by the number of moving parts or DRY we can help.
Try to walk before wanting to run.

Rob