Hi there Phil,

I would have a look at Expression Engine. It's good at generating email updates
from recently updated content.

http://expressionengine.com/

Nathan.

>>> "Phil Dodd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/7/2008 4:16 PM >>>
Hi there,

I'm trying to pick a CMS for an upcoming project.

An essential requirement is that members of the site be able to choose from a
list of content categories, then receive an email alert when content is added
to any of these categories.

Ideally, members would be able to choose between instant email alerts and/or
weekly digests of all content that has been added to the site under the
categories they choose.

I would need to be able to customise the emails, via a template system.

Does anyone know of any CMS systems that do this out of the box?

If not, any recommendations as to a starting point to develop a customised
system that would do this?

My preference is for a LAMP based system.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Dodd

Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ENGINEERS AUSTRALIA and its logo are registered trademarks of The Institution
of Engineers Australia, founded in 1919.

This e-mail and any attachments transmitted within it are confidential and
addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
originator. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be
the views of Engineers Australia. This e-mail and any attachments CANNOT be
forwarded without the express permission of the originator or author.
This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning
Services - powered by MessageLabs (http://www.mci.com). Although every effort
has been made to ensure the contents of this e-mail are virus free, Engineers
Australia shall not be liable for any damage from viruses that may infect your
computer equipment, or other property on account of your downloading any
materials, data, text, or images in or attached to this e-mail.