Carl Shapiro wrote:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Carl Shapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Raymond Toy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 >  (run-program "/bin/cat" '("/etc/issue") :output "/tmp/foo")
 >
 >  causes a segv at address 0.  Not sure why yet, but it explains why I see
 >  the segvs after cmucl prints out messages that foo-library.x86f is out
 >  of date.

OK, I have reproduced this on the FC9 system.

It looks like the memset call in sigemptyset is corrupting memory.  I
have attached a patch which may be sufficient to work around the
segmentation fault in spawn but this is not sufficient overall.  I
have a more thorough patch queued up that resolves this issue
entirely.  I will check in those changes as soon as I can.

Sounds great!  Do you think those changes will be available for the release?

I also found another, simpler, way of causing the error. Using a new build (skipping over the errors from the libraries), just press C-c in the repl. Then enter 0 to select the continue restart. You get a segv at address 0.

Based on your patch and your comments, I think your full patch will be needed to fix this.

Ray