Dwight,

The only thermostat I have is in the engine and I get lots of hot water.
 I've never seen an external thermostat, but they might exist.
Are you getting good pressure?
I'd start with the suggestion of feeling the input and output hoses to see
if there is a difference in temp. There should not be.  If the input is
cool, the problem is either a clogged hose or a bad thermostat.  If only
the output is cool it is either a clogged or air-bound water heater or
clogged line downstream.

Joel

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM, dwight veinot <dwightvei...@hfx.eastlink.ca