From: Pat Nevitt
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 2:49 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Transmission oil

Is it necessary to use a marine grade oil in the transmission of a Yanmar?  For
the engine I always use the marine grade stuff, but it seems to me that the
manual isn't specific regarding the transmission.  Should you run the engine
and put the transmission in gear for 15 minutes or so to warm the oil up before
you change it like you do with a car?  Seems to make sense, but again, I didn't
see that in the manual.