Edson should be able to send you steering system diagram as well as  sell
you the replacement parts, just look them up and ask..

In a message dated 9/10/2012 10:05:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
djhaug...@juno.com writes:

I think  so too.  I think the jam is in the pedestal...  There was no
dropping into the lockers in the kind of sea we were having on  Saturday.

Danny

---------- Original Message ----------
From:  "Della Barba, Joe" <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
To:  "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re:  Stus-List Edson chain and wire pedestal failure
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012  09:57:04 -0400

I replaced mine when the cable got frayed. I pulled the  pin from a block
to get slack in the cable, undid each end from the quadrant,  and pulled it
out and took it to a rigging shop. Not really too bad of a job.  I am sure it
is a pain to do in a seaway, but if you got the cables off the  tiller
would have worked I am sure.

Joe Della  Barba