From: dre...@gmail.com [mailto:dre...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:33
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Reverse Flow on Transom Bilge Outflow

Hi,

A loop is a good idea, a vented loop even better, but a cost effective
solution would be to install a simple check valve.  If it is installed
down near an automatic pump, then you have the added benefit of the
valve keeping the hose water from filling back into the bilge after the
pump shuts off.

I have also seen boats which use only one hose for both electric bilge
pumps and deck mounted hand bilge pumps (like the Whale Gusher 10).
That is, the electric bilge pump hose is routed to the hand pump and
then out .  This set up is nice as the hand pump acts like a check valve
allowing water to flow only out, and it uses only one through hole.

-
Paul E.
s/v Johanna Rose
Carrabelle, FL