In a storm here a couple years ago boat A broke loose and hit boat B. Boat
B tried to collect from Boat A's insurance (X). Boat A's insurance X said
"Act of God" and did not pay. Boat B's insurance (Y) paid for the damages
(less deductible). Boat B sued Boat A to get deductible back. Boat B lost.

In the same storm Boat C broke loose and hit Boat D (me). Both were insured
by the same company (Y). Company Y paid for both. My damage was paid by my
policy (with no deductible) and was not registered as a claim by me.
Company Y said it could not sue itself.

If Boat B did not have insurance he would have been out of luck all
together.

I hope you have better luck than Boat B.