Interesting.  I am playing with sailing the Newport-Bermuda 1-2 and I too
am a bit scared off by the entry costs.  If I had a storm trisail (I don't
yet), I'd spray paint the top third orange with a can of compatible (latex)
paint.  Any idea what the EPIRB/Raft rental costs are?  I qualified last
summer by sailing the offfshore single handed 160 in my 1975 C&C 33.

David