From: Bill Coleman <colt...@verizon.net>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 9:14 pm
Subject: Re: Stus-List ISAF regs - C&C41

That is bizarre, that he took a (probably) perfectly good rudder off and replaced it with that – it looks like the wall thickness of the carbon fiber tube is less than that of the original SS.  I would think you would want double the thickness of the  SS in the CF.  At least where it exits the hull.  Maybe a better idea if you are really worried about that is to make a rudder tube with very rich SS, like a duplex or Nitronic.  Oh well.
At least he got his boat back, looks well taken care of.

Bill Coleman
C&C 39 animated_favicon1