From: "Schiller" <schil...@bloomingdalecom.net>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 7:53:54 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Stus-Trip Planning

Actually, it's both. I slip at the Municipal marina (Museum Docks). They have
been dredging since closing and I seriously think that the water is a good 8-9
feet below the dock. The docks were place 6 feet above mean low water (MLW).
When we had the boat pulled out we were showing a couple of inches under the
keel and that was a foot and a half ago. The other problem is that I store
upriver and the river is dredged to 6 feet below MLW. If we don' get a
significant amount of snow (we usually get right around 72 inches in the
season, we are currently are at 8 inches) then there is no way to get down
river. It is serious enough that the city has already guaranteed that our slip
fees are refundable if the water doesn't come up.

We are taking a wait and see approach. Like I said, we have stayed out before.
The last time we stayed out, I rewired the whole boat. This time, who knows
(install the hot water heater that I bought 5 years ago, refrigeration?)

I live about 15 miles west of South Haven, right in the bullseye of the Lake
Affect snow belt. We normally get about 50% more snow than Kalamazoo.

Neil Schiller
1970 Redwing 35, Hull #7
(C&C 35, Mark I)
South Haven, Mi