Joel,

Cetol will take a loooong time to completely dry.  I used it on a piece of
holly teak sole once.  4 days later I installed the piece and stepped on it.
Left a permanent shoeprint.  Applied another coat and put a heater in the boat
for a week.  Still felt soft.  It finally dried enough so shoes didn't mark it.

Your experience may vary.

I'd opt for varnish.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83