Joel Aronson wrote:
I'm applying epoxy to the topside of the sole using West 105 and 207.
I added a couple before/after pictures to facebook.com/theoffice35
under the photo timeline.  Next week I'll start applying Cetol to as
many board as I can fit into my breakfast rom at one time.

Joel
Sent from my iPad

Joel,

I bought my 36 in 1995. The first year at layup, I removed the boards and made temporary ones out of 1/2"presswood. I store the teak and holly in the basement until after the new year. The undersides get a good check up for damage from water/humidity from the bilge. Bottom and edges are kept well sealed. On the topside I give a light sanding and then a thin coat of Minwax - Helmsman - Spar Urethane - Clear Gloss. The result is a hard, shiny finish which is not slippery when wet. Floor finish is a matter of taste but I get a lot of compliments over the appearance of my floorboards.

Bill
Caprice 1
C&C 36 - 1978