From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Rick
Brass
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 6:05 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Winter Projects

You can buy leather at about any good fabric store that offers
upholstery material. You can get scrap pieces at upholstery shops, belt
makers, some shoe repair shops...

There is not much worth watching on TV, which is precisely thy sewing a
cover on your wheel while sitting in front of the TV is such a good
winter project. I did mine a few years ago, and I'd guess 750 or so
stitches took three or four evenings.

As far as the cost, watch on Ebay and you will see elk hide kits at
pretty reasonable prices - far less than you'd pay for anew kit from
Edson. I think I bought my kit from someone who never got around to
sewing it on his wheel, and it only cost $25 or $30. I think I still
have a foot or two of left over 3" wide elk hide on the boat. I thought
about putting a cover on the shift lever, but bought a spare on Ebay and
put a thick coat of epoxy and varnish on the wood instead (another good
winter project).

Rick Brass

Washington, NC