From: David Paine <paineda...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Old style aluminum frame portlight gasket
To: "Dennis C." <capt...@yahoo.com>, cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 9:07 PM

Sorry to be thick headed but I don't see where this D profile stuff fits in the
old style AL frame windows.

I have old style aluminum frame windows (CC33 1975) that form a seal with the
plexiglass with 1/8" thick and 1/2" wide  (I think) double sided sticky
neoprene tape which sticks the plexi to the inner flat aluminum extrusion.  On
the outside there is a hard rubber spline (with a wedge cross-section) that is
pressed between the plexi and the outer lip of the Al frame.  The frame, of
course, is screwed and bedded into the house sides-- so far no leaks there.
I'd really like to replace the rubber splines as they have shrunk and grown
brittle with age but I haven't seen it available anywhere.

Thanks for any insight!

David