     And the Lass that loves a sailor!"
        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk1

At 04:20 PM 21/02/2013, you wrote:
The best essay ever written about why people sail: The Sea and the Wind That Blows, by E.B. White, 1963.

<http://www.burytherail.com/snugglebuns/Wind%20that%20Blows.pdf>http://www.burytherail.com/snugglebuns/Wind%20that%20Blows.pdf

Jack Brennan
Shanachie, 1974 Bristol 30
Former C&VC 25
Fort Lauderdale, Fl.

From: <mailto:t...@sv-alera.com>Tom Buscaglia
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:43 PM
To: <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Economic justification for owning a boat

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who just lost his job at a major video game developer after 7+ years. He was a lawyer, like me, but was doing more of a business development role there. We have a common love of all things video game related with similar backgrounds. As we were chatting about our industry and the other usual BS that goes into one of those conversations, I mentioned that if he still had the available bandwidth after the season started, the should come over to Vashon for a sail. He said he was interested and I started to talk about sailing...the sounds, the feel of the boat when it metamorphosizes from a hole in the water into a machine driven by unseen forces.

Here was his response..."Tom, your whole tone totally changed when you started talking about sailing..you were calmer and seemed to be taken away to somewhere else."

I cannot put a price on that....nor should I have to.

Tom Buscaglia
SV Alera
C&C 37+/40
Vashon Island WA