My 29-2 came with a 4:1 purchase block and tackle baby stay adjuster. It was an
option in lieu of the standard equipment fixed babystay with a turnbuckle. I
upgraded to a Harken B500 mechanical adjuster, the type where tension can be
increased or decreased by inserting a standard winch handle into the unit and
cranking a few revolutions.
 http://www.harken.com/productcategory.aspx?taxid=387

This is a very powerful piece of hardware and will easily work with much larger
boats. One of the nice parts about this system is that I can tell any crew
member to put exactly the number of turns on the handle that I want.
Tension/mast bend settings are easily repeatable. We never have to put more
than 10 revolutions on it so it's pretty fast to adjust. I have a snap shackle
at the bottom of the adjuster which clips onto the babystay chain plate making
it easily removable.

Sent from my iPad