I am hoping to return to the C&C family this season.  I have a 1990 34+ in my
sights that I will soon have surveyed etc.  Does one negotiate the price and
then survey or the other way around?  I am relatively inexperienced with the
buying process, so looking for tips/suggestions on how to proceed.  Does one
negotiate the price and then survey or the other way around?  Can one find out
what similar boats have sold for over the past few years?  The boat is owned by
the brokerage as it was taken in trade on a new boat and I have the impression
I can negotiate hard on the price as they want to move it.   Are there any
specific issues to look out for with the 34+?    Are there things I can ask
them to do as part of the purchase?  For instance, the boat has GPS, but lacks
wind/speed instruments.  Can installing that be part of the negotiation or does
one just figure that kind of thing into the ownership cost?  They are not a
boat yard, but are associated with one nearby.  Also, whose responsibility
should it be to get the bottom ready for the new season?  Any suggestions
welcome.  Thanks- Dave

David Knecht
50 Farmstead Rd.
Storrs, CT 06268