From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Steve Thomas
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:20 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Aluminum toerails - cosmetic improvement

Since the original anodised finish consists of dye (and pigment?) adhering to
oxide formed on the surface of the aluminum, a permanent black magic marker
might help to restore some of the colour. The only tricky thing might be if you
were to follow this with a wax product that uses alcohol as a solvent, since
that is the solvent used in the permanent magic markers. Some wax products use
petroleum distillates which will not dissolve alcohol soluble dyes, and
therefore would not affect a magic marker touch up. It would be easy enough to
try anyway.

Steve Thomas
C&C27 MKIII
Port Stanley, ON