 Mine is in the wet locker on the recommendation of Chef Dave.

Joel
Sent from my iPad

On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Jake Brodersen <captain_j...@cox.net> wrote:

Chuck,

I located the fluxgate in the aft portion of the quarterberth.  There
aren’t any other wires running close to it.  Far enough from the engine and
control panel too.  It doesn’t malfunction often, but when it does you need
to be there to correct it.

Jake

*From:* CnC-List
[mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com<cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com>]
*On Behalf Of *Chuck S
*Sent:* Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:43 PM
*To:* coltrek; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
*Subject:* Re: Stus-List Autopilots

I would suspect the fluxgate compass may be located in a bad place on the
boat where it is affected by something metallic.  Or maybe the wiring is
experiencing a surge from a power source?   Besides many hours of sailing
and motoring a narrow ICW channel, I made at least seven 12 to 13 hour
trips using our ST 4000plus and never experienced that problem.   Six hours
from Atlantic City to Cape May and six hours Cape May to Greenwich, NJ.

Chuck
*Resolute*
1990 C&C 34R
Atlantic City, NJ