Joe, thanks. Good points about the flexing issues. I know that the mounts for
the setup that I constructed are rock solid but now I’m rethinking the
placement issue vis-à-vis the hull. I can imagine the hull flexing in that
location. The nearest bulkhead is a good 18” or better away.

I have no current plans to go to Bermuda nor do major offshore work. Bahamas at
most. 90% on the Bay I suspect, with the occasional trip to New England. I
think that I’ll spend time monitoring the system, particularly in heavy seas
whenever I find myself in those conditions. If it proves to be a problem then
I’ll go back and reinforce the hull in that area.

Best,
Dave
1982 C&C 37 – “Ronin”

Sent from my iPhone