Martin,

Im on the Chesapeake but I use the PHRF ratings as a general guide.  I
couldn't tell you which boats outperform.
I'd guess the J s are lighter and sail better in light air but I haven't
gone to sailboatdata.com to do the research.  In the BVIs the light air
advantage would be less significant.
Joel
35/3
Annapolis