For the past 13 years, I ran an organization called the Eastchester Bay Yacht
Racing Association (a/k/a EBYRA -- see www.EBYRA.COM).

For the awards, we would go with cups, dishes, sailboats, spyglasses, etc….
Basically anything that was "different" than years past and in which comes in
three-four different sizes totaling $100-$150 per division. We use a guy on
Long Island who has great prices (Long Island Awards Gallery in Syosset, NY).

We also have, for each division, a large perpetual award which each year's
first place boat gets their name engraved on it and they get to keep it for a
year.

We also have perpetual awards for participation with a few different criteria
and a bronze banana award for crew performance (For the gorillas on foredeck
usually).

        All the best,

        Edd

        Edd M. Schillay
        Starship Enterprise
        C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
        City Island, NY
        Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log Website