>From my view, the tactician on Blue was totally to blame, but maybe not
legally (he was not 'captain'), so someone else will get sued for medical
costs, which are likely to be substantial.  His tactics called for going as
close as he possibly could to a boat that had the rights, and the need, to
come up.  It looked like Blue had (a little) space to go up to the
committee boat, so their barging might have paid off, but they were early,
so he pushed it even further by calling bow down to the helmsman when
overlapped, after which the outcome was fairly certain.

I know you wouldn't want to incriminate yourself online, but the film (wide
angle makes it hard to say for sure) and the protest findings don't support
his 'biggest mistake was not seeing the other boat was erratic" and that
they might "know enough to be dangerous".  Sure, a "real racer" would have
shut the door on them earlier, or told them loudly to f#% off out of there,
but it was his mistake of directing the helm to a space they had no right
to claim that caused it.

Tim
Mojito
C&C 35-3